Work Experience and the Smithtown Industry Advisory Board are also included under the CTE umbrella. Our Work Experience program prepares and assists our students with career exploration and job placement through classes, shadowing and career counseling.
Smithtown CTE provides students the opportunity to apply core learning to real life experiences, to hone their technical skills, and to successfully develop 21st Century Skills to become a productive member of society.
SMITHTOWN CTE provides students:
- academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world
- employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace ethics
- career pathways that link secondary and postsecondary education
- second-chance education and training
- education for additional training and degrees, especially related to workplace training, skills upgrades and career advancement